Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Tangerinee Fizz

Sunday, January 29, 2012

REESE WITHERSPOON ELLE FEBRUARY 2012 SMOKY PURPLE LINER INSPIRED MAKEUP TUTORIAL







Hey xx

Okay. I haven't made a makeup tutorial in an extremely long time, which annoys me, since I initially started this blog so I could load out makeup stuff. (Which obviously didn't happen - tumblr inspiration took over!) So I decided that this month I would try to make more makeup tutorials, use more makeup, etc. This month I received the new February 2012 Elle magazine with Reese Witherspoon - doesn't she look gorgeous! I've never seen her so edgy so I was inspired to make a smokey smudgy dark purple liner look. 

1. Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Primer all over as a base to make sure that all of your makeup goes on smooth. Plus primer fills in lines, pores, and reduces oil so that your skin looks perfect. I like this one since it has no silicone, which breaks me out. It does the same thing as other mainstream primer but doesn't clog your pores and keeps skin feeling soft.

2. NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Punjab placed around my nose and forehead with my fingers. I layer just the smallest amounts of this, a little goes a long way.

3. Make Up For Ever HD Concealer in 340 applied onto any problem areas. This is the exact same color as my foundation, it just has a more opaque coverage. I pat this on to any needed any areas and buff out the edges using my Borghese 200 Eye Fluff Brush, you can use any large fluffy brush.

4. NARS Bronzer in Laguna and MAC 168 brush combined makes beautiful contours on the cheeks. I base most of the bronzer along the temples of my forehead and blend it along the forehead and cheekbones for definition and a glow.

5. Make Up For Ever HD Powder with the EcoTools Powder Brush all over to set everything nicely in place.

6. Fresh Satin Luster Palette, shade China Pearl applied with the fingers along the center of the nose and cheekbones for a soft ivory glow. This is one of my favorite highlighters and it has the softest feel, definitely worth checking out.

7. MAC Mineralize Blush in Warmth of Coral and MAC 120 Brush. This is a peachy coral melange of color and when packed onto the cheeks it creates the same peachy glow that Reese has. 

8. MAC Mineralize Blush in Fresh Honey and MAC 120 Brush gives just a touch more of orange to give a similar blush.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9. NARS Smudgeproof Shadow Base all over the eyelids, upper lash line to brow and lower lash line to prime the eyes.

10. Kat Von D High Voltage Eye Primer in Skin right under the brow bone, on the lid, and inner corner to create a matte nude brightness.

11. Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm groomed through the brows to help keep them in place.

12. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Rockstar is a dark purple black eyeliner with a hint of silver glitter. It matches Reese's perfectly! I applied a thin line of this along the upper lash line and lower lash line, sticking away from the waterlines. I like to keep this pretty precise so you don't get darker color anywhere you don't want it. After a first layer I thickened up the outer corners and then proceeded with the look.

13. Kat Von D High Voltage Eye Shadow Palette in Truth, shade Prague and Sephora 15 Liner Brush. This is a matching dark plum eyeshadow with a slight sheen, I gently smudged out the liner for a sexy purple look.

14. Stila Kajal Liner in Onyx is my favorite super creamy no budge super black eye liner! I line my tightline and outer lower water line with this for added drama.

15. Kat Von D High Voltage Eye Shadow Palette in Truth, shade Sister and Sephora 15 Liner Brush. I applied a matte peach colored eyeshadow to the inner corner to brighten up the eyes, this peach shade really wakes up brown eyes. 

16. Dior DiorShow Blackout Waterproof Mascara in 090 Black and Sephora Double Ended Brow Sculpting Brush. I began by curling my lashes three times, pumping the curler and bringing it vertical for the most bold curl. Then using an angled brush I pressed a waterproof pitch black mascara into my lashes. This will help hold the curl and tint the lashes a darker shade, a great trick for girls with long asian lashes.

17. Dior DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Primer & Serum. I applied this along the lashes over the waterproof mascara to help lengthen and de-clump the lashes.

18. Fairydrops Scandal Queen Mascara in Black layered on top, this is a fiber mascara and helps make lashes even longer by attaching little bits to the tips of your real lashes.

19. L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara in Carbon Black on top to finish.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17. Supergoop Acai Fusion Lip Balm SPF 15 with Shea Butter is super moisturizing and provides instant hydration. It works as a base for any lip products I apply next.

18. MAC Luster Drops in Pink Rebel and Stila 16 Brush, I applied a shimmering liquid highlighter to the cupid's bow to fake fuller lips.

19. MAC Lipstick in Hue is the perfect satin finish peachy nude lipstick.

20. NARS Lip Gloss in Strip Tease finishes everything off perfectly!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it! The eyes are sexy and smoky with a touch of purple, personally I would wear this out in the day. I love how this looks with the peachy cheeks and nude lips too.


No comments:

Post a Comment