Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Tangerinee Fizz

Saturday, December 3, 2011

A SILICONE FREE SWEET SMELLING FACE PRIMER.





Hey xx

Fresh Rose Freshface Primer
$36.00 for 1 ounce

Pros:
-Silicone free
-Paraben free
-Sulfate free
-Synthetic dye, synthetic fragrance, and phthalate free
-Pretty packaging
-Fills in pores
-Smooths over imperfections
-Creates a flawless complexion
-Enriched with rose water, cucumber extract, green tea, vitamin A, C, E
-Micro algae keeps the skin moist
-Light sweet cucumber rose fragrance

Cons: 
-Small bottle
-Higher price
-Can squirt out too much if you're not careful
-Dries quickly
-Can feel tacky if you blend it out correctly

Overall Thoughts:
I have been using the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer in Original for around two years and have never tried anything else. Slowly I began to realize that silicone was breaking my skin out, or causing the small skin colored bumps on my forehead. Of course having clearer skin is what I strive for so I decided to try out a silicone free primer. This one is the most moisturizing (most silicone free ones feel dry and tacky) plus it has the sweetest rose cucumber scent. This primer allowed my skin to clear up and I barely have any acne now, which is a HUGE plus. Overall it is a little pricy and has a small bottle, but the price points and size are the same as the Smashbox one. You have to blend this in quickly also, otherwise it can feel a bit tacky on the skin. This primer does not claim to mattify or remove oil from the skin, which is a downside if you have oily skin. I have dry to normal skin so this isn't a problem for me, and I find that this also evens out my skin tone and minimizes pores quite nicely. It comes out a white color, similar to most moisturizers, but blends away completely invisible.

How I Apply:
I like to squirt out a small pea size amount onto the back of my hand (don't squeeze out too much, it's easy to do by the way) and then apply this along the forehead, nose, and chin. I like to blend it in with my fingertips and then gently "slap" those certain areas to help it absorb well and not leave a tacky feeling.

Repurchase: Yes!

Recommendation: Definitely try this out if you're currently using a silicone primer, you might not like this though if you have oily skin.

Product: 8/10
Pigmentation: 10/10
Texture: 8/10
Longevity: 10/10
Application: 3/5
Packaging: 3/5

Grade: B

I overall wish this came in more convenient packaging and had a smoother feel, but it is silicone free, which is someting I'm not used too. Overall I love it and I will probably use this and repurchase this for a long, long time.

xoxo, gracieee

No comments:

Post a Comment