Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Tangerinee Fizz

Sunday, November 20, 2011

SKY FERREIRA MAKEUP TUTORIAL













Hey xx

So as I've been saying I'm quite obsessed with Sky Ferreira's beauty recently! I decided to recreate the look she had on the cover of Wonderland Magazine. It's a rather simple and neutral look, more for those who have natural beauty. (I'm used to darker eyeshadows on my eyes!) Anyways it consists of a perfected no blush, no bronzer, no highlighter sort of face. The eyes were a glimmering bronze taupe shade that I made using all cream products and the lips are a beautiful semi-matte peppery red lipstick.

1. Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer in Original all over as a base to make sure that all of your makeup goes on smooth. Plus primer fills in lines, pores, and reduces oil so that your skin looks perfect - like Sky's!

2. NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Punjab placed around my nose and forehead with my fingers. If I need mover coverage I'll use my Borghese 102 Duo-Fiber Blending Brush on areas needed. Use your favorite foundation, NARS' is currently the #1 in the world.

3. MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer in NC30 on any dark spots that are still sticking out, applied with my Sephora Point Concealer Brush. I blend it out with the same stippling brush just used. You want perfected skin, but don't cake on the face products.

4. NARS Eyeshadow Duo in Kalahari, the two light matte brown shades buffed along the contours of the forehead and contours of the cheeks with a CVS Essence of Beauty Travel Powder Brush. I didn't have a light matte warm brown bronzer so eyeshadow worked for me.

5. MAC Eyeshadow in Espresso just along the contours of the cheeks with the same CVS brush to darken it up just a bit more. Sky has no highlighter or blush, but a slight natural contour, I don't have any matte bronzer, so once again that's why I used eyeshadow. 

6. Make Up For Ever HD Powder with the EcoTools Powder Brush all over to set everything nicely in place.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7. NARS Smudgeproof Shadow Base all over the eyelids, upper lash line to brow and lower lash line to prime the eyes.

8. Kat Von D High Voltage Eye Primer in Skin right under the brow bone, on the lid, and inner corner to create a matte nude brightness.

9. NARS Multiple in Lamu all over the eye lids up to the crease as a base color. This is a rich golden bronze shade with lots of bronze glitter. Since I want to only use cream shadows I wanted to start with a denser one so the slicker shades I use next would stick and won't crease. 

10. Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow Palette in 715 Precious Metals, I applied the bronze shade all over the lids up to the crease. Sky has a really high crease so the eyeshadow nearly goes up to her brows, but since I have a lower crease I just apply it right up to my crease. (She did this too, it just looks higher because she has higher creases.) The bronze shade really matches the one she's wearing and is really shiny for the desired look. Then I took the bronze burgundy shade from the palette and the Leif On Location Makeup Equipment Crease Brush. I buffed this along the outer corner and outer crease of the eye to give slight definition, but nothing too dark. Then I added a highlight with the glittery light gold shade in the palette, I applied it along the inner corners with the Borghese 204 Angled Eye/Brow Brush.

11. NARS Cream Eyeshadow in Cosmic Girl is a bright light white gold, I dabbed this right in my innermost corners for brightness.

12. Stila Kajal Liner in Onyx is my favorite super creamy no budge super black eye liner! I line my tightline and outer lower water line with this for added drama.

13. Urban Decay Waterproof 24/7 Liquid Liner in Perversion, I applied it along the outer part of my upper lash line. Keep it skinny and thicken just a bit as you move outward. You want this liner to look as natural as possible.

14. Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Palette, I used the shade Blackout, you can use any matte black. I pressed this on top of the liquid liner with the Sephora Dual Ended Dramatic Eye Brush, liner side.

15. MAC Eyeshadow in Espresso was applied to the outer lower waterline with the Sephora #15 Classic Angled Liner/Eyeliner Brush to add just a bit of darkness, but nothing harsh.

16. Too Faced Natural Eye Neutral Shadow Collection, the shade Heaven goes on the brow bone with the Leif On Location Crease Brush. You can use any off white cream color to create a soft highlight.

17. Dior DiorShow Blackout Mascara in 090 Black on uncurled lashes creates supreme darkness but just a bit more definition at the lash line. I think Sky's makeup artist wanted the focus of the look to be on her lips that's why not a lot of lashes and liner.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17. Supergoop Acai Fusion Lip Balm SPF 15 with Shea Butter is super moisturizing and provides instant hydration. It works as a base for any lip products I apply next.

18. Bite Luminous Creme Lipstick in Rhone with the Sephora #60 Square Retractable Lip Brush. This lipstick is simply fabulous! I have never tried such a creamy opaque lipstick, it literally feels like butter on the lips. The shade itself is literally the same one Sky's wearing, which made me happy. I applied it with a lip brush, added a layer from the tube, blotted, and then one more layer.

19. NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Punjab applied with the CVS Essence of Beauty Travel Concealer Brush around the lips to create a sharper edge.

20. Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Mineral Veil and the Borghese 200 Eye Powder Flush Brush around the lips to set the foundation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it! A very dewy simple eye, plus the lip is gorgeous. I hope you enjoyed and try it out. 

I also took a picture of my ear piercings... no exact reason!

xoxo, gracieee


No comments:

Post a Comment